Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Still Here....

Let’s begin with my sincere apologies for the unannounced hiatus.  It was my intention to write (and post) all about our return to the states, Colby and I’s stay in Ohio, and our journey back to RI.  Clearly none of this happened.  What can I say.... the TV was too interesting to peel myself away.  Having not seen one in nearly a year and those that I had seen not broadcast anything other Asian or Indian programs, I had an enormous amount of Law and Order to catch up on.  We won’t even discuss how much GLEE I missed.  Good lord what was I thinking leaving the country!!!

Anyways, now that I am thoroughly convinced the hardworking detectives and prosecutors on TNT are still keeping the streets of New York free from murders and child molesters and that broadway showtunes are still keeping drama alive in the halls of McKinley High, I can return to “normal”. 

Here are the highlights from the past few weeks (not Law and Order or Glee....you know...the Nomadic Nixons):
-       Colby and I successfully made our trans-global journey sans Chris.  I am down a few of my nine lives, but every adventure comes with a price. 
-       Baby #2 (flavor undetermined) is growing right along with my midsection. 
-       Colby has learned to ride/drive a tricycle, a bike with training wheels, a scooter, a powerwheels fire engine, and various tractors.  He is now eyeing the 61’ Buick in Your Ol’ Dad’s (aka Grandpa Nixon’s) driveway. 
-       My Mom, cousin Heather, and I made chocolate-covered Easter eggs and sold them as a fundraiser for SYI.  Click here to read about the success and the madness. 
-       In a craptastic attempt to rescue Colby from a mud puddle, I broke my nose.
-       Chris has returned to the States and has almost adjusted to the time change.
-       Unfortunately, he tells me surfing will never be the same now. 
-       We have no idea where any of our belongings are.  Well, that’s not quite true.  They are in boxes.

As soon as I find my camera, I will post pictures!

Right now, Chris, Colby and I are staying in Chatham.   We hope to move back in to our house next week.  In the meantime, Chris and Colby are catching sea creatures and playing in stranded boats, and I am working as a Math/Science teacher on the set of a new movie being filmed in RI.  Nothing dull around here!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment